I’m a content designer at 18F. My work often includes some combination of content strategy, editing, information architecture, research, and user experience design.
Broadly speaking, I help organizations envision what needs to go online, then plan for making it useful, accessible, findable, and maintainable. I love wrangling big, messy content and bridging the gap between how organizations think about themselves and what users need.
Here’s some of what I do:
- Put together useful, expressive words.
- Find sustainable structures.
- Omit needless words, paragraphs, and pages.
- Tidy tangled websites.
- Chart realistic approaches to terrifying projects.
- Make sense, except when nonsense is needed.
Here’s what I value (in people, projects, and processes):
I’m not available for freelance work, but if you’d like to say hello, drop me a line or find me on Twitter (@coreycaitlin). I hoard internets at Pinboard and occasionally write a Tinyletter about good sentences.